A guy lost his girlfriend in a train accident.... But the gal's name nowhere appeared in the dead list. This guy
grew up n became IT technical architect in his late 20's, achievemnt in itself!!.
He hired devlopers from the whole globe and plan to make a software where he could search for his gf through the web...
Things went as planned... n he found her, after losing millions of dollars and 3 long years!!
It was time to shut down the search operation, when the CEO of Google
had a word with this guy n took over this application,
This Software made a whopping 1 billion dolar profit in its first year,
which we today know as ORKUT.
The guy's name is ORKUT BUYUKKOKTEN.Yes its named after him only. Today
he is paid a hefty sum by Google for the things we do like scrapping. He is expected to b the richest person by 2009.
ORKUT BUYUKKOTEN today has 13 assistants to monitor his scrapbook & 8
to monitor his friends-list. He gets around 20,000 friend-requests a day
& about 85,000 scraps!!!
Some other Cool Facts abt this guy:
* He gets $12 frm Google when every person registers to this website.
* He also gets $10 when you add somebody as a friend.
* He gets $8 when your friend's friend adds you as a friend & gets $6 if anybody adds you as friend in the resulting chain.
* He gets $5 when you scrap somebody & $4 when somebody scraps you.
* He also gets $200 for each photograph you upload on Orkut.
* He gets $2.5 when you add your friend in the crush-list or in the hot-list.
* He gets $2 when you become somebody's fan.
* He gets $1.5 when somebody else becomes your fan.
* He even gets $1 every time you logout of Orkut.
* He gets $0.5 every time you just change your profile-photograph.
* He also gets $0.5 every time you read your friend's scrap-book & $0.5 everytime you view ur friend's friend-list.
HIS OWN HOMEPAGE ::::
My Blog List
Plenty of action pending within the box - I have suggested that we should think out of the box to control brutality against women. Some believe, that there is plenty of action still possible withi...3 weeks ago
Why do we still have water scarcity in Indian cities? - It is a cycle almost as predictable as the boom and bust of economic cycles – every few years, the monsoon fails and suddenly, there is water scarcity in t...1 month ago
Meeting Games - Every corporate job has its problems, and one of the main evils of a corporate job is attending meetings. In fact there’s also this rule, which I call the ...10 months ago
Caine's Monroy | A Cardboard Arcade Made By a 9-year Old Boy - A 9 year old Caine Monroy From Los Angeles, California boy who spent most of his time in his busy father’s auto parts shop decided to spend his summer mak...1 year ago